- Fully automatic balancing of turbocharger compressor wheels
- Patented air bearing support for extreme measurement accuracy
- Digital measured data processing and numerically controlled unbalance correction
- Interfacing with loading gantry and commercially available conveying equipment
- Easy change over to other rotor types
- Short cycle times
- Most compact design
- Easy movable as a single block
- Titanium machining (option)
Sequence of operations
- The work-piece is taken from the transfer conveyor and loaded into the machine
- Automatic measuring run, brake to zero rpm
- Remove the rotor from the measuring station and load it into the correction station
- Clamp, index to the correction position for the 1st plane, advance the milling cutter to the milling position and control the milling cut. If the unbalance is large the cutter is additionally turned to increase the amount of material removed
- Index and move the milling device to the correction position for 2nd plane, repeat the milling process and unclamp
- Transfer the rotor to the measuring station and start the check run
- Remove the work-piece and unload it to the out-feed conveyor
Range of applicationMeasurement and correction of dynamic unbalance of machined turbocharger compressor wheels, use of the machine in mid- to large-volume production. Fully automatic unbalance measurement and correction through polar milling in two planes and with up to two correction steps. Loading and unloading by gantry loader.
DesignTwo-station machine with measuring and correction station and fully automatic operating cycle. Vertical balancing unit on a vibration-optimized machine frame, type-dependent, exchangeable precision air-bearing support for the compressor wheel, driven by a special drive plate with air jets adapted to the rotor diameter.
Measured data processing by measuring unit CAB 950.
Correction station with NC-controlled milling unit for unbalance correction by polar milling at the nose and back face of the compressor rotor.
Gantry loading system for linking the stations and connection to an in-feed and out-feed conveyor.
|Data at a glance||Xondo 010||Xondo 100||Xondo 300||Xondo 500|
|Measuring unit||CAB 950||CAB 950||CAB 950||CAB 950|
|Automatic unbalance measurement||•||•||•||•|
|Automatic unbalance correction 4)||•||•||•||•|
|Weight||[g]||3 - 50||10 - 150||60 - 400||100 - 1500|
|Diameter||[mm]||25 - 65||30 - 95||65 - 125||120 - 180|
|Measurement uncertainty 2)||[gmm]||0,002 - 0,02||0,003 - 0,03||0,015 - 0,1||0,05 - 0,4|
|Cycle time||[s]||25 - 40||25 - 40||30 - 55||35 - 60|
|Air pressure||[kPa]||450 - 600||450 - 600||450 - 600||450 - 600|
|Hydrostatic bearings for boreless compressor wheels|
|2) Acc. to DIN 1319, 95% probability, work-piece dependent|
|3) Data non-binding, dependent on the respective equipment|
|4) Polar milling of the hub and rear side|
|o.r. on request|