Schenck RoTec: Strategic Partnership with VISCOM
Schenck RoTec GmbH Press information
Strategic Partnership with VISCOM
Schenck RoTec GmbH Press information / Darmstadt, December 2019
Flow Bench for testing and calibrating turbochargers with variable turbine geometry rounds off product portfolio on the turbocharger aftermarket
Darmstadt, December 4, 2019 – Schenck RoTec, a global market leader in the field of balancing and diagnostics technology, offers a new solution for maintaining turbochargers – the VISCOM Flow Bench. It enables precision calibration of overhauled VNT/VTG turbochargers simply and easily in just a few minutes. Therefore, maintenance technicians can reliably meet the ever more stringent manufacturer specifications.
Often, errors, such as increased or insufficient load pressure occur in overhauled turbochargers when these are used without calibration of the variable turbine geometry. Often, the reason for this is that the permissible tolerances have been exceeded, which leads to a motor malfunction – and repairs are cost- and time intensive.
Fast and simple results
"For the collaboration between Schenck RoTec and VISCOM, we are relying on a solution with the Flow Bench that enables maintenance technicians to easily test their turbochargers and is thus a perfect addition to our own product range“, explains Ercan Düzgün, product manager at Schenck RoTec. In the first step, the turbocharger is clamped on the machine with the correct adapter. Thanks to the magnetic adapters, this can be done quickly and without a tool. Next, the turbocharger is secured from unwanted turning on the compressor wheel side and is connected to the pneumatic or electric charge-pressure actuator. After the turbocharger model is entered on the touchscreen monitor, the measurement run begins. A few seconds later, the measurement is complete and the operator sees whether the charger is within the manufacturer tolerance.
Basic, Comfort and Premium – three versions to meet any requirement
The versions of the VISCOM Flow Bench offer different equipment packages, which are geared to the requirements of users. All three versions include a touch display, VISCOM measuring software, as well as the TM-A adapter system for approx. 95% of all common turbochargers and the required flow measuring system in the comprehensive basic configuration.
All advantages at a glance:
- Reduced space requirement and simple commissioning of the Flow Bench
- Simple and precise turbocharger installation with the TM-A adapter system®
- Very short setup and measurement time
- Calibration of the turbocharger during the measurement run
- Comprehensive scope of delivery with an adapter and connection set for 95 % of common turbocharger types
- Over 1,000 turbocharger references on board
- Regular software updates to new turbocharger types
- Ability to create your own references
343 words with 2,741 characters (incl. spaces)
About Schenck RoTec
Schenck RoTec is a global market leader in balancing and diagnostics technology and has over 18 subsidiaries and joint ventures with nine manufacturing facilities worldwide. In addition, there are over 37 representations and offices on all five continents. The Schenck RoTec Group supplies innovative technologies to industries such as the automotive manufacturing and supplier industry, the electrical industry, aviation and aerospace, turbomachinery construction and general mechanical engineering.
Schenck RoTec is part of the Dürr Group, a leading global machinery and equipment manufacturer with special competence in the fields of automation and digitalization/Industry 4.0. The Group's products, systems and services enable highly efficient production processes in different industries. Dürr supplies industries such as the automotive industry, the mechanical engineering sector and the chemical, pharmaceutical and wood processing industry. The company has over 108 locations in 32 countries. The Group generated a sales volume of 3,870 million euros in 2018. Dürr employs over 16,400 employees and has five divisions active on the market:
- Paint and Final Assembly Systems: paint shops and final assembly facilities for the auto industry
- Application Technology: robotic technologies for automatic application of paint as well as sealants and adhesives
- Clean Technology Systems: exhaust air purification plants, sound insulation systems and battery coating systems
- Measuring and Process Systems: balancing systems as well as assembly, testing and filling technology
- Woodworking Machinery and Systems: machines and systems for the wood processing industry
Dr. Jens Zeyer
Tel.: +49 (0) 6151 / 32 2320
Fax: +49 (0) 6151 / 32 1892
Alpha und Omega PR
Tel.: +49 (0) 2204 / 987 99 30
Fax: +49 (0) 2204 / 987 99 38